Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Final Fantasy 6: Terra Escaping from Narshe



In the opening scene of Final Fantasy 6, the character of Terra has a mind control device (Slave Crown) removed from her head. Immediately after awaking with amnesia, some thugs show up looking for her, hoping to make her pay for the crimes she committed whilst under the control of the crown. She's forced to flee into a series of nearby caves, still delirious.

This is the first time I've tried having a leg fall back into shadow, which I've seen many artists do. I was a little cowardly about it, so I hid most of the leg behind the rock. I think the most obvious thing I need to work on here is hands.

Simplified character design taken from this remarkable piece of fan art. (Though her hair is GREEN, damnit!)

No comments:

Post a Comment