Thursday, February 16, 2012

Ascendant Crusade: The Whispered Queen Gains her Throne


Fun fact, in the last few years 90% of my drawings have been about events which occur "behind the scenes" in my Ascendant Crusade campaign. So many of my drawings will likely be from that.

This is a scene I've imagined many times. Vecna's Chosen, a lowborn woman, is guided by her god first to acquire his hand and his eye, then to kill the vampire king who leads the cult of Vecna. She obeys her god's command with brutal efficiency, gutting the false king from behind, and earning herself the mantle of The Whispered Queen. She goes on to become one of the most ruthless and dispassionate conquerors the world has ever known.

I'm really happy with this drawing. It's far from perfect, but it's much better than yesterday's fare. Plus, it's not exactly simple. Most of the time I just draw single characters. Here I drew two characters touching one another, and it didn't end up looking completely terrible. There are some big problems, such as all the eraser smudges. The vampire's fore-hand is also all fucked up. I was going for "twitching in death throes," but it came off more as "awkwardly giving the viewer the finger."

Still, I'm really happy with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment